Friday, September 19, 2014

Suck it up Buttercup (or I'll Punch You in the Face)

This last week has been pretty rough. Today was just one of those days. It was a day that I seriously just wanted to throw in the towel. Here’s a quick recap:
  • Patton came home sick from school Monday
  •  Dave left on DET Tuesday 
  • I found mold in my kitchen
  •  Today, I contracted Patton’s illness
  •   McKinley was having severe stomach pains at work and insisted I bring him medicine


But when I think about how awful my day was, I think about how awful this week has been for the friends and family of Lt. Nathan Poloski. Lt. Poloski lost his life tragically when he and another pilot collided mid air last week in the western Pacific.

Sometimes a little perspective is all I need.

I can’t help but think of his parents, knowing they will never again hear his laughter on the other end of the phone or feel the warmth of his embrace when he comes home for the holidays. My day wasn’t that bad. In comparison, it really didn’t even suck.


So this week, I’ll be trying to put everything into perspective and maybe be a little less dramatic with my ‘hardships’.  Life is good and I’m blessed to serve an amazing God.

No comments:

Post a Comment