Thursday, September 4, 2014

Tamin' my Complainin'

I have been working extremely hard on tamin’ my complainin’. Looking past the negativity around you really does help you see the joy in front of you. My #21DaysofnoComplaining has been a great experience. I can literally feel the positive energy swarming around me. Until yesterday.

Soooo, here’s what happened: Tuesday evening, we were sitting around the table after dinner…sweating. So, I went to turn the AC down and saw this:

I sent the hubster out to do all the manly things with the AC and he found nothing wrong, so I sent an email out to the PM. She promised to get someone out the next day.

I woke up at 4:45am sweating. A friend offered to let me come over and bask in the coolness of her house once everyone left for school, but I just didn’t. Wanna know what I did instead? I moved the couch so it was under the fan and rotated bags of frozen vegetables under my knees, tops of my feet, and back of my neck (I guess I should throw those away now). I also took a couple extremely cold showers.  I don’t really know why I didn’t accept her offer. Lord knows I would have just showed up at Nina’s house and imposed myself in whatever plans she had for the day—I digress, that’s another issue entirely.

At some point during the day, I went to Wal-Mart and got a text from my best friend that said “Good Morning, Beautiful!” to which I replied, “There’s nothing good about a morning spent at 83 degrees. Inside.” Way to snap on someone for being nice, Tonyia. But that’s kinda what best friends are for right?

WRONG! We shouldn’t use the ones we love the most as a punching bag. Especially when they are trying to lift us up. I just went through my text messages from yesterday and they were all me moaning and complaining.  Until the magical hour when the AC was repaired. At that point, I was all smiles, happiness and rainbow unicorns. This is exactly the person I don’t want to be. I don’t want to be the kind of person who is happy only when things go in my favor. I often tell people who are going through a hard time that we wouldn’t realize when things were good if they weren’t sometimes bad. Yesterday I failed at being who I want to be.

So today, I recommit to my #21DaysofnoComplaining. Who wants to play with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment